Model 7: Buggy
The model brings these new features:
Powered by Embed YouTube Video
- 3D Sets BeltDrive – the new transmission solution is durable, simple, and quiet because it uses timing belts. It allows the use of both cheap brushed and powerful brushless motors.
- Easy maintenance – the front and rear axles are attached with just a few screws and can be very easily removed from the model. An integral part of the rear axle is the transmission with engine and ESC – the entire drive system can be removed from the body in one movement.
- Easy-to-disassemble – Metal nuts are now embedded for repeatedly disassembled or stressed joints. Removing the axles is now much more convenient.
- Double Wishbone suspension – independently suspended front axle wheels with sophisticated wheel geometry. The axle can be mounted in 3 different height positions and the mounting of the shock absorbers can also be adapted. The axle uses a system of fully printed 3D Sets ball joints and is optimized for higher impact resistance.
- The rear swing axle uses an innovative way of transmitting driving force by means of a swinging pulley, is adjustable to 3 height positions and dampers of various lengths can be used.
- Truly functional 3D printed door handles – not for show, but prevent the door from opening while driving. Safety first!
- The protective roll cage in the interior complements the sporty character of the Buggy, but it also really reinforces the model’s body.
- Preparation for the functional lights – the lights have prepared cavities for LED diodes, cable glands are prepared in the model.
- Possibility to install the G-T Engine Sound System sound module – selection from 58 engine sounds. The module has a reserved space behind the front seats.
- Highly detailed model of the engine – the engine covers the moving parts of the gearbox and it is possible to experiment with color by changing the filament during printing.
- Innovative battery box with easy opening with rotary locks, easily accessible from the bottom of the model.
- Many new details – e.g. realistic emboss on the inner parts of bodywork, fuel tank in the trunk, and more.
What you get:
- 3d printing files: .stl and .gcode optimised for Prusa Mk2-3 printers, .stl for regular 3d printer with 20×20 cm bed size. The total download size is over 400 MB. Total printing time is about 11 days of continuous printing.
- step-by-step build guide, available here
- list of all non-printable items (like motor, tires, screws, etc.) with link to recommended online stores
What you will need:
- any 18 x 18 cm 3D printer, Prusa i3 recommended
- 3 kg of filament needed for all parts, PLA and PC Blend/ASA for some specific parts.
- bring your own motor/speed controller, servo, and battery
- screws and nuts
- set of bearings
- set of rubber tires and shocks
How I get the purchased files?
- after purchasing this digital product, you can download the printing files under “My Account” (in the “Downloads” section)
- payment is available via PayPal service only